Monday, August 22, 2011

Clear and Bright: Chapter Twenty Three: Welcome Home

                                       

I'm hungry.

There's a breakfast tray sitting in the corner, where I put it, as far away as I could get it... yeah... not eating that.

But I'm hungry.

And my birthday-spankings-sparing, expensive-building-buying, cake-so-beautiful-it-made-me-cry-making, brilliant chef boyfriend is sleeping peacefully. In my bed. Where he lays with me every night, much to the annoyance of the nurses...

Like I care about them. I don't. Especially not the ones whose annoyance is fueled by jealousy. Yeah... that's right... he's mine. Note that on your chart!

I have to keep myself from jumping up and down and actually doing a cheer at this. Because he's sleeping. And this is a big deal.

I have to resist the urge to touch him. To run my fingers through his silky, dark hair. To brush my lips over every inch of his beautiful, peaceful face. To sneak a peek at...

He. Would. Beat. Your. Ass.


It might be worth it.

Masochist.


Am not.

Unless you want to stay in this hospital forever, DON'T.


Yeah... I guess she has a point. He definitely would not be amused if he woke up and caught me helping myself to an eyeful.

I have to keep myself from giggling like an idiot at how full I suspect my eyes would be. Women just don't lie about those things.

He did say soon. Maybe you'll end up right back here anyway.


I have to resist the sudden urge to pound my chest like a warrior ready for battle...

I'm brave!

Or just too stupid to be scared.


My stomach growls my response, but luckily it doesn't wake him. He's still sleeping like a baby.

And I'm still hungry.

And I know just the thing, so I put show and tell on the back burner for now.

Then we're definitely safe, because you don't even know how to turn that on.


Well, isn't she just hilarious? Not.

I stick my tongue out at her and go to get the fork from my breakfast tray. I can't think of a better breakfast. Well, maybe... but since he's sleeping... cake it is!

I unwrap it as quietly as I can and dig in...

Pure. Heaven.

I cried last night when he cut into it, it broke my heart to see it destroyed. He thought that was adorable, and the love I saw...

But the damage is already done.

And I'm hungry.

And it is mine...

"CLAIRE."

Uh oh.

I turn around, with a shameless mouthful, and as sweet of expression as I can muster. At least I hope it looks sweet. "Good morning." It's what I say, though it doesn't sound like it...

His face is somewhere between stern and amused. "Well, good morning, chipmunk."

I laugh at his endearing acknowledgment of my overstuffed cheeks, and, like an idiot, start to choke. Nothing life-threatening, but enough to send him flying off of the bed and straight to me. I regain my composure after a brief moment, a large swallow, and a sip of water, and he relaxes. A little.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes."

"Can you try not to scare the hell out of me?"

"Sorry."

"I'm sorry I made you choke."

Something tells me it won't be the last time... "You didn't mean to. I'm okay."

"Is something amusing you, Claire?" he asks with a wary expression.

I think I'll keep my amusement to myself. "No. Want some breakfast?"

"Don't lie to me. And cake is not breakfast."

"No, Sir, I wouldn't dream of it. And, in my defense, I didn't have much choice. You were sleeping and I was hungry."

"Then you should have woken me."

"You needed to sleep, I didn't want to be selfish."

"Next time be selfish. And take smaller bites, please."

"Okay. To selfish, if that's an order... but as far as smaller bites goes... since you said soon, I was just trying to prepare myself a little. You know... for you. Well, without the bite, of course."

I smile at him sweetly, but wickedly, and I see him struggle to keep the corners of his own mouth from turning up. He's not entirely successful.

But he composes himself quickly. "The things that come out of your mouth."

"Excuse me, Sir, but if I may correct you, it's your mouth, and I'd much rather something was going in it. Or coming... "

"Oh... just wait until I get you home."

I squeal with delight, ignoring the "Your ass is mine" look in his eyes, and throw my arms around him.

He laughs, because he just can't help it, and shakes his head, "You exhaust me, woman."

"Hmmm... well, I'm not sure that's possible, but I'll try my best." I flutter my lashes innocently and he winks at me. And I'm done. Oh, how quickly the tables turn...


He chuckles and kisses my forehead with a small sigh.

I know why. "Am I good?"

"You're perfect," he says softly.

"Then you should stop worrying," I murmur back.

"Maybe someday."

"That's not a lie, is it, Mr. Guillory?"

"No... just an unlikely maybe."

"Well, I love you. And I'll never leave you again. No maybe."

"Please don't."

I never could have imagined that two simple words could mean so much. But the way he whispered them... the way he's looking at me... the vice that his arms have become...

It takes everything I have to whisper one word back to him. "Never."


                                                  ~


More cake, a cup of magic milk- at my master's insistence, and three hours later, I am getting released.

To my master.

And I am on top of the world.

The stitches have been removed from my foot, and my out-of-nowhere-and-baffling-to-the-experts fever has taken a one-way trip back to where it came from. Good riddance and please stay there.

The gifts have all been loaded into his truck, as well as all of my flowers and get well goodies, and what's left of my cake, and I am waiting for him to take me home. Ready and waiting. Dressed in my bad-ass bomber attire, complete with hat that I really do look adorable in, and little Claire and bunny us in my arms. Waiting patiently. To go home.

Home.

My new home.

Our home.

Where he's waited far too long to take me to.

Because I put him through a battering storm.

Do NOT blame yourself.


Well...

Well, nothing. You're not responsible for the behavior of those two psychopaths. And what happened here... a person can only take so much. Your body had reached it's limit. That's not your fault.


But my mind...

Just misses them. Forgive yourself for leaving him. You came back.


And there's nowhere I'd rather be.

"Ready, beautiful?"

"Yes. Are you?"

"To take you home? What do you think?"

"I don't want to assume... "

"ASSUME. That's an order."

"Yes, Sir. Well... I think you are. I hope."

"You'd think that hat would keep your silly brain in place, but I guess I'm back on guard duty after all."

"You're probably getting pretty tired of that."

"It is exhausting, but I'll endure it. For you."

"I don't want to exhaust you."

"Careful, Claire. Lies are my interpretation."

"Well, not that way." I give him a small smile and look into his eyes, "I really and truly don't. I want to make you happy."

"You do that by existing."

"It's a good thing I'm sitting in this stupid wheelchair, Mr. Guillory. Or I'd probably be on the floor."

There's a wicked gleam in his eyes, "I have very fond memories of you on the floor. And the bed."

He licks his lips and warmth spreads over me, and I feel the blush on my face. He leans down and covers little Claire's ears as he whispers in mine, "I really can't wait to get you home."

Holy. Fuck.


Then what are you waiting for? Oh... that slower than molasses witch. Well, I'll take care of her... "Nurse! I've been released! If policy is to wheel me out, then do it! NOW."

"That's my girl," he chuckles, and gives me a playful kiss. "So, I take that as a yes?"

"Silly brain clear and in place, Sir," I laugh back at him.

He winks at me again, just as the nurse comes to man my chair, rolling her eyes at me before she moves to take her position behind me. "May God help you, Mr. Guillory," she sighs, clearly referring to me, "and saint you. You deserve it."

"I'll miss you, too," I say in a smart tone, without turning to look at her. "And for your information, he adores me."

"And that smart little mouth," he smirks, ignoring her.

"I'm very fond of yours, too," I say with a contented, yet anxious sigh.

She picks up her pace as he responds, "Soon."

Doesn't this thing go any faster? Doesn't she? Run, Forrest, run!


                    ... tick tock... tick tock... tick tock ...


My heart pounds faster and harder the closer we get to home. My anticipation is shameless.

And he is fully and completely aware of it. "Anxious about something, sweetheart?"

"Hell yes!" I squeal, much too loudly for the close space of his truck.

And then I realize my faux pas, and start to panic that I may have just blown my chance at impending bliss.

He knows this, too. "I'm feeling generous today, so I'll let that slide," he chuckles.

"You really should be sainted... "

"I'm pretty sure what I'm about to do to you will destroy any chance of that, kitten, but thank you for your gracious thoughts about me. And since I am feeling generous, I'll also pretend you didn't just lie."

Have mercy... "It wasn't a lie. It was merely my interpretation. Of you. Which I meant wholeheartedly," I say sweetly, "and... ummm... meeeeeeeeeeow."

"I have no doubts that a part of you meant it, but I don't think it was your heart," he replies with a cocky smirk. "And... very nice, mon petit chaton."

"Can't you drive any faster?" I ask brazenly.

"You're adorable. But no, my love, my cargo is far too precious to risk. You'll have to be patient. We're almost there."

"Patience isn't my best virtue."

"Perhaps not, but try for me."

Thankfully, I don't have to try for long, because we were almost here, and now we are. Hallelujah!

I usually wait for him to open my door, but I'm really anxious, so I have my seat belt off and am jumping out of the truck before he even opens his. I hear his deep chuckle behind me as I run towards the building. "Sweetheart? I'm flattered by your shameless impatience and excitement at your pending predicament, but it won't do you much good without these."

I turn and see the keys dangling from his finger and pout.

He decides to play with me. "Don't you think we should unload everything first?"

Evil bastard.

"No, actually, I don't."

"As you wish, kitten."

"In that case, kitten wants you to haul ass."

"I hear you, and kitten should watch her pretty mouth."

"Kitten would rather watch yours."

He reaches me where I stand waiting and the cocky smirk he was wearing dissolves into a sweet smile as he takes my face in his hands. "Welcome home, Claire."

I forget my selfishness for a moment as I smile at his words. "Thank you. I'm sorry it took so long."

"So am I," he whispers against my lips.

I hear the key slide into the lock behind me as his mouth begins nipping at mine. He opens the door and I let him guide me through it, trusting him completely. He kicks the door closed and turns the lock with one hand, as the other takes little Claire and bunny us from mine and sets them on the table. He trails sweet kisses over my face as he pulls the silly hat from my head and tosses it to the floor. "Are you hungry?" he asks, as he slides my coat off and drops it, as well.

"No," I whisper softly, "but I'm hoping you are."

"So hungry it hurts," he murmurs low and sexy, his mouth against mine again.

I sweep my tongue over his bottom lip and murmur silkily back, "I can't bear for you to hurt."

"I'm honored that you feel that way," he begins to walk me backwards again as his hands move to slither slowly up my back underneath my sweater. My breath catches sharply at the heavenly sensation his touch floods me with. "I'm a blessed man to have such a sweet, selfless woman love me so much to want to take away my pain."

"Selfless?" I giggle, as he pulls my sweater over my head and tosses it over his shoulder.

"You are," his eyes blaze as he undoes the button on my jeans and slides down the zipper, "because you're going to surrender yourself completely to me."

"Yes, I am... " I'm breathless as his hands move to squeeze my ass inside of the denim. I watch him as he savors the feel of his prize in his hands and hear a sound rumble low in his throat. In one fluid motion, he lifts me with his current hold and drops me onto the plush, over-sized couch, and rips the jeans down my body. I giggle again as he eyes my boots evilly, having forgotten them in his plan. He winks at me as he removes each one, tossing them to the floor with resounding thuds, and pulls my jeans the rest of the way off. His eyes travel over me intently as I lay gazing up at him in hopeless adoration.

I want to pull him to me, his mouth to mine, his body against me, but he wants me to surrender, so I don't move. I wait. He seems momentarily distracted by my mere presence in front of him. I'm here. Waiting for him to take what's his. I'm his.

His eyes look deeply into mine and he smiles a brilliant smile. Because he knows. I'm his.

"I never want you to hurt again," I whisper, my voice speaking the words straight from my heart.

"I won't let go again, Claire. Never again. Complete surrender."

"You have it. I promise."

He wanted those words. Wanted to hear them. Wanted to see them. It wasn't hard for me to give that to him. It was easy. So easy...

And now... as his mouth claims mine... I know that all that is left is for him to feel them.

I let him wash over me...

The delicious scent of him...

The sound of his breathing...

The intoxicating taste of him...

The feel of him... strong and unyielding above me.

His soft lips on mine.

His hands around my neck, his thumbs grazing over my throat.

Claiming.

Asking for trust.

Taking all of it that I give.

Complete.

Absolute.

I'm fearless in his hands.

His thumbs stroke one last time over my throat before his hands move across my shoulders and under me to the clasp of my bra. He unhooks it effortlessly as his lips move down my neck. His fingers slowly slide the straps down my arms until my breasts are exposed, pulling it free and tossing it, too, to the floor. His mouth continues to move and his lips place soft kisses over my breast, before sucking my aching nipple into his mouth. He swirls his tongue around it gently, making me moan softly. His hands snake down my stomach agonizingly slowly as his lips trail kisses to my other breast where he evens out his adoration. His every movement is gentle. His pace unhurried. Demanding my patience.

My body melts under his every touch. His lips, his tongue, his hands.

His hands... they're on my hips now, sliding between my skin and the last piece of thin fabric that covers me. He pulls it from me as his lips and tongue lavish down my stomach, and my legs begin to shake as the anticipation rises to the surface and does the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy... or something like that.

His hands are around my thighs now, and he chuckles against my skin as he opens me before him. That only makes them shake harder, because he's so close... to giving me what I ache for... to taking my surrender that will come from my getting it...

He grips my thighs firmly in his hands, and pulls me past the edge of the couch, as he moves to kneel on the floor beside me. His hands move up my legs and under my ass to hold my unsupported weight. I smile as he squeezes the rounded flesh and his eyes close briefly. His fascination will never cease to amaze me. He can't even see it, but just the feel of it in his hands...

"Relax. I've got you."

I didn't realize I was tensed until he spoke. My position is somewhat awkward, not feeling the couch beneath me where he holds me, and my muscles were straining to hold myself up. It was a subconscious reflex, but now I know that he wants control of that, too. Complete surrender.

I let go and my body trembles in response.

And then I am his.

"Good girl," he murmurs, as he kisses me tenderly... right... where... I want him.

My breath escapes me in a whimper as his tongue gives me my reward for good behavior. I am dripping wet for him, the anticipation of this gift crying it's own tears of joy. And he couldn't be more pleased. And his mouth couldn't be more thankful. Ho... ly... fuck.


The gentle swirling of his masterful tongue sets me on fire from the inside out. Or the outside in. Or, I think, perhaps I'm not even whole anymore. Not solid. I'm liquid beneath him. Molten. I think. But then I feel his hands roughly on my ass and know that I am. Solid. In his hands. Liquid only to myself. Because my self is his. I surrendered it.

I gave him my liquid self... and he is drinking every drop. Hungrily. He is gentle no more. His pace is no longer slow. His mouth no longer controlled. Because his hunger is now controlling him. Driving him. Driving his fingers into my flesh. Driving his tongue inside of me. Over me. Every pulsating inch of me that is his. Claiming it. Wanting more. Devouring it. Needing more. Needing all that I have. Needing all that I am. Needing all that I surrender to him.

And surrender I do. As his fingers seem to penetrate my skin. As he sucks my throbbing bundle of nerves into his mouth. And doesn't let go.

He sucks.

Hard.

Desperate.

Demanding.

Complete.

Surrender.

Mine.

His.

I am his.

Trembling. Panting. Gasping.

Liquid.

His.

He is gentle again.

Thanking.

Adoring.

Knowing.

Telling me.

Showing me.

I am owned.

He lifts me back into place on the couch, his loving mouth never leaving me, as his fingers trail up my still-parted thighs. Still parted for him. Still offering what lies dripping between them, until he decides he's full. Because it's his. He decides. And he's not full yet. Bless his heart. And his mouth...

Such. A. Lucky. Girl.

I'd cheer if I wasn't so completely exhausted. A sigh will have to do. And mine isn't the only one I hear...

He sighs deeply as he leaves his delightfully ravaged feast behind and tenderly kisses up my still-trembling form. Solid only to him.

He kisses my parted mouth sweetly before I feel his warm lips on each of my eyelids. "Can you open for me?" I peek through the slits that are all I can manage at this moment, and he smiles sinfully at me, "Good girl."

"Hmmm... " I murmur, "Good obedient or good tasty?"

He chuckles his reply, "What do you think?"

"I don't want to assume... "

"ASSUME. That's an order."

"Yes, Sir. Well... I think... both. I hope."

"You're absolutely right about that."

"Which one do you like better?"

"I think you know," he smirks.

"I want you to tell me."

"Greedy girl. But since it gives me great pleasure to indulge you, maybe I'll just show you after lunch."

The man is insatiable... I smile shamelessly at him, "Whatever you say, Sir."

"I'm getting used to that, sweetheart."

"Well, if my obedience gets me indulged...  and it is just a term of respect, after all... and I have the utmost respect for you... "

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Welcome home, Claire."

"Thank you, there's nowhere else I'd rather be." I pull his mouth to mine and kiss him deeply, and the taste of me reminds me that I haven't thanked him for his gift. "And please accept my apology for my poor etiquette upon being welcomed into your home so hospitably... "

"OUR home. And no apology necessary. My hospitality was made of you. I'm a selfish host. And I offer no apologies for that."

"I should hope not. If you won't accept my apology, then please allow me to at least thank you properly. For being a selfish host. I loved my housewarming present more than words can say, but I really like to open things. And I believe you have another present that I'm dying to unwrap... and since I brought no gift for my gloriously selfish host... "

"You'd like to ask for another one?"

"Yes, Sir."

"As a means of thanking me?"

"Yes, Sir. Precisely."

"That's a bit unorthodox, don't you think?"

"Perhaps I'm not making myself clear... "

"I assure you, you are. In your adorable way. You want me to feed you."

"Yes, Sir!"

He climbs off of me and pulls me into a sitting position, and stands in front of me. "And you will swallow everything I put in front of you?"

Yikes. Ummm...

I thought you were brave?

I am. I just don't want to lie. You know... in case I can't.

"I'm waiting, Claire."

Why is that arrogant smirk so sexy? "Yes, Sir?"

"Is that a question?" he chuckles, lifting my chin.

"No... "

"Let me help you... because I think you may be concerned about lying to me. Unintentionally, of course. But you need not worry, beautiful. I won't be angry with you if what I give you is too much. I just want you to try."

"You're very kind and understanding. And I promise to give it my best effort. You have my word."

"I believe you." He gives me a soft kiss and winks at me before releasing my chin and walking away.

"Where are you going?"

"You want me to feed you. I'm going to the kitchen, silly girl. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you wouldn't make the connection between the two... "

"Jaimin! That is not what I meant and you know it!"

"That's Sir to you, sweetheart, and I know exactly what you meant. But I just got you home in one piece, and as much as I would love to let you thank me, I'm going to keep you that way. For a little while, at least. So, sit tight like the obedient little girl that you are, and I will be back to feed you. And you might as well stay like that, since I promised to show you which one I liked better."

He's still chuckling as he leaves my line of sight, and as much as I'm mad at being denied again, my pout turns to a smile as I settle in to wait for my lunch. And the promise I know he will selfishly keep after.

Such. A. Lucky. Girl.

Welcome home, Claire!



                                                ~ ~ ~

My girl's been through enough, don't you think? She deserved this. Now, if I can just get him to give it up...  But, sadly, he doesn't take orders. Not even from me. Arrogant bastard.    ~CM

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD Mel!! U killed me.. Every time, every chapter, I cannot not fall in love with him every single chapter , over and over again. Why is he so adorable? Why is he so charming? And her, I so fucking envy her..Jelous, to death,of her...Please Mel don't take so long, I need to know, I want to know..You are so good at writing, every chapter I read I discover how good u r at this; love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAH!! Enough with the pantie dripping already!! I want to see him dripping,and oozing,and coming over,and over again!! She had her fun dammit!! It's his turn.....how can you make him suffer like this.....you're so cruel. You know I love you,but you're seriously killing me here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHH!!! I was SO CONVINCED he was going to AT LEAST let her give him a wee bit of tongue action! Talk about build up!

    And that woman is MORE than lucky. My god, this story makes me want to go out and find my own French man to woo me in the kitchen AND the bedroom. LOL! :)

    I see some sexy time in the future .... The NEAR future, I hope! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. really thought i reviewed this... but I am happy she is home... and things are going to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All along while I was reading your chap. I was listening to that song " Want to kiss you all over". By Exile..It suits the chapter so well..Just a few lines for you Mel..

    When I get home baby
    Gonna light your fire
    All day, I've been thinkin about you, baby
    You're my one desire
    Gonna wrapped my arms around you
    hold you close to me
    Oh baby, I wanna taste your lips
    I wanna feel your fantasy
    I don't know what I'do without you, baby
    Don't know where I'd be
    You're not just another lover
    No, you're everything to me

    I think those lyrics..and the lyrics of all this beautiful love song just suit Claire and Jaimin..

    Great chapter. Love F xxx

    ReplyDelete